A passive DI box is a device that is used to connect a high impedance input source to a low impedance load. The DI box converts the high impedance input signal to a low impedance output signal, which can then be sent to a mixer or amplifier.
The DI box is a simple and effective way to connect a guitar or bass to a mixing console or PA system. The DI box does not require any power, and it is transparent to the signal. This makes the DI box an ideal solution for live sound applications.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases.
Passive Di Box – Best Seller
Review of The10 Best Passive Di Box Reviews with Features
- Passive direct box
- Proprietary transformer for impedance conversion and isolation
- Linear from 20Hz-18kHz
- Low distortion and zero phase distortion
- XLR input
- Use the Sidekick to “go direct” for a pure, clean, noise-free tone that is perfect for digital signal Processing (DSP) or throw the INST/line switch to line position to allow your amp to drive the line for a natural, overdriven tone
- The Sidekick passive DI box by hosa technology makes it easy to connect your guitar, bass, or keyboard directly to a mixing console
- Electric guitars, basses, and keyboards
- Pedal effects and effects processors
- Any Electronic musical instrument with a mono phone output
- Passive stereo direct box
- Dual proprietary transformer for impedance conversion and isolation
- Linear from 20Hz-18kHz
- Low distortion and zero phase distortion
- XLR input
- Professional and multi-purpose direct injection box for stage and studio applications
- Provides impedance and signal matching for the direct connection of instruments to mixers and amplifiers
- Ultra-flat frequency response due to renowned BEHRINGER OT-2 transformer
- Allows direct connection to speaker outputs with up to 3,000 Watts
- Ground Lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems
- Two Boxes in One
- 【Heavy-duty】Professional and multi-purpose direct injection box for stage and studio applications
- 【High sound quality】Provides impedance and signal matching for the direct connection of instruments to mixers and amplifiers
- 【Clean and pure 】Ultra-flat frequency response due to renowned Donner LAB-S1 transformer .The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output.
- 【Robust circuit design】Converts a line or instrument level unbalanced signal to a low impedance mic level balanced signal
- 【Low noise】Ground Lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems .Send the thru signal to your amp and the output to the PA system. Transformer isolation eliminates nasty hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- DEVICE CONNECTOR: Provides a variety of DI solutions with its ¼ inch device connector and detachable AC power cord for live sound recording applications. It allows you to easily connect keyboards, guitars & outboard signal processors
- PROVIDES CLEAN AUDIO: Useful for connecting unbalanced signals from sources submixers, effects processors & keyboards to a main PA or recording mixer. This impedance transformer also has buzz & hum cancellation ability
- EASILY CONNECTS INSTRUMENTS: Getting the signal of a musical instrument to the PA system is easier with this direct box. Just connect the electric bass, guitar, keyboard or other processors to the ground lift adapter & enjoy pure & clean audio
- VERSATILE DIRECT BOX: Aside from music instruments, the DI unit can also be connected to the line output of a boom box or consumer stereo system if you want to sample old records. The hum eliminator is used for connecting unbalanced devices as well
- 2.0 Full speed USB connection
- Automatically recognized as an available sound card by all windows and Mac operating systems
- Custom wound transformer isolation eliminates ground loops
- Music people proprietary product like On-Stage stands and the others
- Industry's most innovative stands and accessories
- Connects electric instruments and other audio outputs to the balanced inputs of mixers
- Allows connection to an instrument amp while simultaneously patching it to a mixer
- Translates high-impedance signals from instruments into low-impedance balanced signals
- Automatically balances and matches line level outputs of keyboards
- Use for multiple keyboard setups--the PDB replaces individual direct boxes
- Passive Direct Box with Eclipse ET-DB3 Transfmer
- Stereo-to-mono Merge
- 15dB Pad
Important Aspects to Consider When Choosing The Best Passive Di Box
A passive DI box is a device that is used to connect a guitar or other instrument to a mixer or amplifier. The DI box converts the instrument’s signal from an unbalanced signal to a balanced signal, which is necessary for proper connection to professional audio equipment. A DI box also typically includes a ground lift switch, which can be used to eliminate ground loop noise that can occur when connecting multiple pieces of audio equipment together.
When choosing a DI box, it is important to consider the type of input and output connections that are required. Most DI boxes will have either XLR or 1/4″ TRS connections, but some models may also offer RCA or other types of connections. It is also important to consider the impedance of the DI box, as this can affect the sound of the instrument when it is connected to the DI box. Higher impedance DI boxes are typically used for instruments with high output levels, such as electric guitars, while lower impedance DI boxes are better suited for instruments with lower output levels, such as acoustic guitars.
Another consideration when choosing a DI box is the frequency response. Many DI boxes will have a flat frequency response, which means that they will not color the sound of the instrument. However, some DI boxes may have a slightly rolled-off frequency response, which can help to reduce the amount of high-end noise that is produced by the instrument.
Finally, it is also important to consider the price of the DI box. While many DI boxes are very affordable, there are also some models that can be quite expensive. It is important to find a DI box that offers the features that are needed without breaking the bank.
Frequently Asked Questions[FAQs]
1. What is a passive DI box?
A passive DI box is a device that is used to connect a high impedance instrument to a low impedance input. It is typically used to connect an electric guitar or bass to a mixing console.
2. How does a passive DI box work?
A passive DI box converts the high impedance signal from an electric guitar or bass into a low impedance signal that can be easily handled by a mixing console.
3. What are the benefits of using a passive DI box?
A passive DI box can help to improve the sound quality of an electric guitar or bass when it is connected to a mixing console. It can also help to protect the mixing console from damage that can be caused by a high impedance signal.
4. What are the drawbacks of using a passive DI box?
A passive DI box can introduce noise into the signal if it is not used correctly. It can also be difficult to find a passive DI box that has the correct impedance for your instrument.
5. How do I choose the right passive DI box for my needs?
When choosing a passive DI box, you need to consider the impedance of your instrument and the input of your mixing console. You also need to consider the quality of the DI box and the noise that it can introduce into the signal.
Based on the reviews, the passive di box is a good product that is worth the money. It is a good investment for those who need a quality di box for their musical instruments.
Funny and Friendly. Got a lot of time to cook and do experiment in cooking. Also Health-conscious try different types of juice for a healthy life.