There is nothing quite like the feeling of drinking a piping hot cup of tea on a cold winter day, or maybe even after getting caught in the rain. Green Turmeric Iced Tea is an excellent way to give your body what it needs to feel refreshed and invigorated.
Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties from turmeric, this is a drink that will give your whole body a pick-me-up!
This recipe takes about 15 minutes total time!
Here are 2 of our favorite Green Turmeric Iced Tea recipes:
1) Green Turmeric Iced Tea Recipe With Ginger And Lemon:– The fresh ginger and lemon add an extra zing to this recipe, making it perfect for those who want more than just the basic green tea flavor.
2) Green Turmeric Lassi Recipe:- This Indian yogurt shake is packed with antioxidant-rich ingredients like cardamom pods, roasted cumin seeds, and ground black pepper. It’s a perfect way to cool down on a hot day.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Green tea bags (you could also use matcha powder).
- Turmeric powder or ground turmeric root, which is more potent and flavorful than the dried yellow version of this spice – we recommend using at least one teaspoon for this recipe.
- Roasted cumin seeds, which are more flavorful than ground ones and have a slightly sweeter taste.
- Green cardamom pods; use one pod for this recipe if you want to control the flavor or two if you like it stronger. The pods add a lovely scent to your drink as well. You can find these pods at Indian or Middle Eastern grocery stores.
- Green pea powder (optional).
- Honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, or any other sweetener of your choice to taste.
- Selected and stored fresh
- Sourced with high quality standards
- Recommended to wash before consuming
- Delicious on their own as a healthy snack or as part of a recipe
- FOR BETTER FOCUS & PRODUCTIVITY: Brain-boosting superfood powder with natural caffeine, making it a great healthy alternative to coffee. And yes, it also counts as a portion of greens.
- CONTAINS ESSENTIAL VITAMINS AND MINERALS: An excellent source of potassium and antioxidants. The mix is high in vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, E, C, Iron, and Niacin.
- POWERFUL ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Naturally dried ingredients to preserve all micronutrients; tested by 3rd party labs to ensure high quality standards
- NO SWEETENERS OR FILLERS EVER: No stevia, thickeners or artificial flavoring – Made with 5 brain boosting superfoods, nothing more
- EASY TO USE: Simply add one teaspoon to water, smothies, snacks or nut milk for green matcha lattes
- 100% Certified organic Turmeric imported by air from FIJI island. USDA approved organic
- Rich in Curcumin, which you can obtain from organic roots without any supplement also contains good amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin B12. Which is Anti-inflammatory, joint support and Immunity boosting
- Ideal for smoothies, juices, famous golden latte, also adding to curries, gravy, teas, etc. for enhancing flavor and health benefits as well.
- Customer satisfaction is our priority. Message or call us directly for Any dissatisfaction will be taken seriously as per new order will be sent without any charge or money will be refunded.
- Ground Cumin Seeds
- Roasted Gerra
- Product of Trinidad and Tobago
- Only One Ingredient – Our Green Pea powder is made from fresh Green Peas nothing else
- Rich in Nutrients –Peas contain almost every essential vitamin and mineral needed, also high in fiber and antioxidants
- Plant-Based Protein - Green peas has more protein than many other vegetables for example peas contains 4X more protein than carrots.
- Great Taste, Versatile and Convenient – Easy to use in many recipes. Add green peas to your foods without the stress of prepping or cleaning up afterwards
- Many Uses – Green pea powder can be enjoyed in baked foods such as muffins, flat breads, sprinkled on pasta, rice, casseroles, stir frys, soup thickener, dips, spreads, salads
- 100% Pure, Raw & Unfiltered USA Only Honey
- Grade A organic amber color maple syrup with a rich taste
- There's nothing quite so good as pure maple syrup
- As the largest packer of pure maple syrup in the country, we go out of our way to provide you with the finest maple syrup possible
- That's why our Grade A maple syrup is renowned for its wonderful flavor, color and consistency
- Each serving of Maple Grove Farms pure maple syrup contains no high fructose corn syrup, fat, sodium or cholesterol
When making turmeric tea you can use either a teapot or an electric kettle with the stovetop turned off.
Fill both halves of the pot with hot water and stir in some green tea bags for about two minutes on high heat before turning it down to medium-low so that it’ll keep warming up without boiling until all of the bags have brewed.
You can also steep them for five minutes if you want a stronger flavor than what’s typical from most store-bought varieties.
Add honey, sugar, salt, cardamom pods, or any other desired spices (pepper, nutmeg) to taste.
Green tea is traditionally enjoyed plain but with the addition of sweeteners like honey and sugar it can take on a more vibrant flavor profile that goes well with the earthy tones in turmeric powder.
Turmeric with green tea benefits:
Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect against cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses. When combined with turmeric it’s even more potent in its ability to produce anti-inflammatory responses including the release of targeted chemicals (eicosanoids) that can work wonders on all sorts of conditions from arthritis to kidney stones.
Green tea also contains catechins which have been shown to decrease LDL cholesterol levels through oxidation and may lower blood pressure by relaxing vascular walls.
Green tea has also been linked with improved brain function due to an increase in oxygen consumption as well as better bone health because it doesn’t contain caffeine like black or iced teas do. Turmeric powder is rich in antioxidants too so when poured into green tea, it helps keep the body healthy by fighting free radicals.
Green Turmeric Iced Tea Recipe:
- 1.5 Green Turmeric Iced Tea.
- 3 tablespoons Green Turmeric.
- Some Green Ginger (optional).
- Half a Lemon Juice, more or less to taste.
- Ice Cubes or Cold Water.
Method: Mix everything in a glass and stir well. Add little water if you like your tea thinner. Enjoy!
Preparation Time 60 Seconds A Servings 2 Glasses.
Nutritional Values per Serving:
- A Calories 36.
- Carbohydrates 4g.
- Fiber 1g.
- Net Carbs 3g.
- Protein 3g.
- Fat 0g.
Tip: Serve with ice cubes or cold water for better taste. It’s great for detoxification of the body after eating fatty food. Green turmeric is great for stomach ulcers and pain, Green ginger is awesome for appetite suppressants.
Enjoy Green Turmeric Iced Tea! Â Green Turmeric Green Ginger Green Lemon Juice with GreenIce.us! 🙂
Funny and Friendly. Got a lot of time to cook and do experiment in cooking. Also Health-conscious try different types of juice for a healthy life.