Smoothie is a great way to get all the nutrients you need in one refreshing drink. If you are lactose intolerant or vegan, however, there are some recipes that will not work for you since they rely on dairy products like yogurt and milk. Luckily, there are ways around these issues so that anyone can enjoy delicious smoothies.
5 Recipes How To Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt or Milk
1.) Use a milk substitute.
Soy milk is a great milk alternative that can be substituted into recipes that call for cow’s milk or cream. One of the most popular brands, Silk Soy Milk Original, tastes just like regular milk and comes in several varieties so you can get the right flavor. Almond or coconut milk are other options that may be used in the place of cow’s milk.
2.) Use tofu as a substitute for yogurt and milk.
Blend crumbled firm or extra-firm tofu into your smoothie mixture to create a creamy texture that is similar to yogurt or milk. You can also replace yogurt with soy yogurt, which has a similar flavor and texture while containing more protein.
3.) Add avocado to your smoothies.
Avocados are creamy and can be used in place of other liquids, like yogurt or milk, in smoothie recipes. They also add other nutrients like fiber and potassium that may not come through when other ingredients are used instead of dairy products. The taste should not be noticeable, especially if you are using fruit as well.
4.) Use honey instead of sugar.
Honey is a great way to sweeten up your smoothie without using refined sugar. It adds other nutrients like antioxidants and can be used in recipes that call for several teaspoons of sugar.
5.) Add extra flavor with extract or spices.
If a smoothie is too bland, you can always add more flavors with extract or spices. Vanilla and almond extracts are popular options for adding rich flavor without adding any extra sugar or calories. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and other warm spices like cloves and allspice also make great additions to sweet as well as savory smoothies (like pumpkin or pecan pie smoothies).
Use these techniques to make a wide variety of different smoothies that will be sure to please anyone. If you are not sure what tastes good together, search online for recipes and experiment with ingredients until you find the perfect combination. You can also try adding protein powder or supplements like flaxseed oil to boost the nutritional content of your drink.
About the Author: This article was written by Alena Jonson, who runs her own smoothie website where you can find recipe inspiration, health, and nutrition information, and more.
How To Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt Or Milk In 5 Simple Steps
Anyone who has tried a smoothie knows firsthand just how delicious and creamy they can be. The flavors of fruits and veggies come together perfectly, creating a drink that’s sweet, flavorful, and filling. Unfortunately, though, not everyone is able to have dairy products due to medical reasons or dietary choices. This means that those people are unable to enjoy a smoothie and all the wonderful benefits that come with it! That is, until now.
Smoothies can be made without yogurt or milk. Here’s how to do it in five simple steps:
Step 1: Prep
Gather your ingredients and make sure everything is ready to go before you start blending. If at all possible, chill the fruit and veggies in the fridge before you begin.
Step 2: Add Your Base
There are some non-dairy bases you can use in place of milk or yogurt such as almond milk (unsweetened), soy milk (unsweetened), or even juice like orange juice for a citrusy flavor. If none of these sound appealing to you, skip this step altogether and add your fruit and veggies without a base. This will make your smoothie much less creamy but it’ll still have all the great health benefits you expect from a smoothie!
Step 3: Ice It Up
The next step is to add ice cubes – the more the merrier! You don’t want your smoothie to be watered down with too much liquid, which is why it’s important to add ice cubes. You might even want to add an extra cup or two of ice if you’re using particularly large chunks.
- Most Easy To Use - Just fill with water, soda, herbs, fruits or juice, etc. and just put it into the freezer, you will have perfect ice cubes.
- More Ice Cubes- It can make 8x2 big squares under 2 inch at once. Enjoy more drinks.
- Must Needed For Your Bar And Kitchen- The Big Ices are perfect to chill cocktails, whiskey, tequila, vodka or other drinks with less dilution. And more uses for other homemade, for soup, or flower ice.
- Safe to Use- Use pure premium food-grade silicone freezer, microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe. BPA free and meeting U.S. FDA standard.
- 100% Lifetime Guarantee with proof of purchase. we make every order with a complete money back guarantee.
Step 4: Blend
Blend everything together until smooth and there you have it! Either enjoy your smoothie immediately or store the leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge for one day.
Step 5: Time To Enjoy
You don’t need yogurt or milk to make a delicious and healthy smoothie thanks to these simple steps! Now that you’ve tried this recipe, experiment with new combinations and ingredients. But always remember to use safe ingredients such as fruits and veggies when creating your own recipes. With just a few changes, anyone can enjoy a delectable smoothie without the dairy.
What can I use in smoothies instead of milk or yogurt?
Smoothies are usually made with milk or yogurt, but there are many other possible ingredients. For example, you can use juice instead of milk to give your smoothie a different flavor! Here is a list of some common smoothie ingredients and their substitutions:
- Regular Yogurt — Plain Whole Milk Yogurt.
- Plain Low Fat Yogurt — Fruity Yogurt (such as strawberry).
- Fruit Juice — Flavored Water (try mixing juices for unique flavors!).
- Honey — Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup (other natural sweeteners work well too!).
- Spices/ Herbs — Any other type of spice or herb that well with the smoothie’s flavor.
- Coconut Milk — Any other type of milk (soy, almond, rice, etc.) or a splash of cream or half and half cream.
- Ice Cream — Root Vegetables (especially sweet potatoes) Root vegetables are high in natural sugars which make them slightly sweeter than ice cream.
If you don’t have all the ingredients for a smoothie recipe, try substituting some ingredients that will work well together. If you need more help with making smoothies without yogurt or milk, try asking friends who love to cook!
They might know what is best to substitute. And if you’re looking for delicious smoothie recipes, look no further! We’ve got tons of ideas over right here.
Love this article?
How do you thicken a smoothie without yogurt?
Smoothies are a healthy way to eat, but they can be very watery. One way to fix this is to thicken the smoothie without yogurt. Here’s how.
1) Add ice cubes or frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit. This will help thicken the drink up since the ice/frozen fruit won’t turn into liquid as quickly as normal fruits would when blended up.
2) Use apple juice or another type of juice in place of some of the water with your choice of berries, which makes for a nice fruity flavor!
3) Freeze your favorite berry until it becomes slushy before you add it with everything else into the blender.
4) If you don’t have ice, you can freeze the liquid ingredients for at least an hour before blending them up.
5) You can buy frozen yogurt cubes, which are already pre-portioned out into cube shapes for smoothie making.
6) Make sure that your blender is powerful enough to blend everything together without leaving chunks of fruit behind since that will make it harder to thicken.
7) Add milk or yogurt if necessary once you’ve blended everything else thoroughly to get the consistency you want.
8 ) Use bananas as they act as a natural thickener! They work really well with chocolate flavors too! Plus, bananas are naturally sweeter than most other fruits so they don’t require added sugar or sweeteners like some of the others would.
9) You can use crushed ice instead to make your smoothie even thicker.
10) You can buy frozen fruit chunks already made in stores like Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods (or other health food markets).
11) Strawberries are naturally watery fruits, so if you’re using them then be sure that you choose something else that has more “body” like bananas or mangos. This way it’ll be easier to thicken up the smoothie without yogurt.
12) Add a teaspoon of xantham gum which is a thickener that sometimes works for homemade nondairy milk too! It’s a gluten-free and vegan thickener-style ingredient. Plus, it also happens to be a good substitute for gelatin which is derived from animal parts so it’s cruelty-free!
13) Use a milk alternative as the liquid that you use. This includes almond milk, rice milk or soy milk. These all have more “body” than water to help thicken the smoothie up without yogurt.
14) Make sure to choose dairy-free yogurts if you’re making a non-dairy smoothie recipe using yogurt as a thickener substitute.
15) Add ice cubes or an ice purée made from your favorite fruits (peaches are great for this!) in order to make things colder and thicker at the same time resulting in less liquid.
16) You can also freeze ingredients like orange juice into cubes before adding them with everything else into your blender for a thicker and colder smoothie experience.
17) Use frozen fruits instead of fresh ones for a more thick and cold rather than watery tasting smoothie!
18) If you want to make a fruit milkshake, choose the ice cream alternative that is vegan friendly such as So Delicious’ Mocha Almond Fudge or vanilla bean which are both rich and creamy dairy-free products. This way it’ll be easier to thicken up your smoothie without yogurt since these types of ice cream alternatives have more “body” than just plain ol’ non-dairy milk would. Plus they’re also smoother too so you won’t even need to add any additional sweeteners like honey or sugar! You can also use coconut milk-based ice cream alternatives like the ones made by So Delicious if you want.
19) You can make a vegan soy or coconut yogurt-based fruit smoothie! This tends to be thicker than one without any dairy yogurt added in, especially if you use Greek flavored yogurts which are naturally much higher in protein compared to most other flavors! Plus, these also contain more “body” since they’re creamier and thicker than regular non-Greek nondairy yogurts would be.
20) Make sure your blender is powerful enough to crush the ice easily before adding everything else so that you get a nice cold and thick tasting smoothie with less liquid which will also help thicken it up without using yogurt.
21) Try warming up some soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk before adding it to your smoothie if you don’t want a cold and creamy shake-like consistency. This will make it easier for the ingredients in the smoothie to expand and separate rather than blend together (which can result in lumps). Plus, this is also much healthier for you since heating up these nondairy kinds of milk kills any bad bacteria that may be present inside them which could cause food poisoning if they’re not cooked properly!
22) If using fresh fruit in your smoothies then consider chilling them in your fridge (or freezer if there’s no room!) before adding them to help thicken up the end product naturally.
23) Try making a vegan strawberry shortcake by layering all of the individual ingredients from your smoothie into a tall glass or mug. Start with the base which should include vegan vanilla ice cream then add a generous amount of thickened up a strawberry smoothie on top! It’s definitely a delicious and cruelty free way to enjoy a healthy dessert!
24) The more frozen fruit that you use, the thicker your smoothies will generally be since it has more “body” due to being closer to an ice cream texture rather than just being all liquidy like water would be. If using fresh fruit, however, chilling them in the fridge before adding them helps thicken things up by expanding instead of blending together resulting in lumps that normal blenders may have trouble breaking through.
Strawberry smoothie without yogurt or banana
- A handful of ice cubes.
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries.
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, stopping the machine as needed to shake down the canister. Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?
Let us know in the comments section below! As well, don’t forget to share this with a friend! Thanks for reading How To Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt or Milk! Check back soon for more blog posts coming soon! Subscribe for free blog updates to stay up-to-date with our latest articles.
Berry smoothie without yogurt or milk
People on a diet often cut out yogurt and milk products from their daily routine, but that doesn’t mean they have to miss out on tasty smoothies! Smoothies are easy to prepare and can be easily adapted to suit individual needs. For example, if you don’t want to use yogurt or milk, simply replace them with water or another liquid.
- A raspberry smoothie with spinach
Berries are wonderful ingredients for your daily smoothie because they contain relatively little sugar. If you are not planning on using fruit juice as the liquid base of your drink, make sure that you add some healthy seeds or nuts, such as flaxseed or almonds. This way you will leave the smoothie light yet powerful enough to keep hunger at bay until lunchtime.
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen).
- Cup baby spinach leaves.
If you decide to use fresh fruit, wash and rinse them first. Of course, you can use frozen fruit as well. In this case, make sure all the water has been drained before adding it to your blender container. The easiest way to do this is by placing the fruits in a sieve and letting the water run for a few minutes before pouring it into your smoothie’s glass.
Just like with yogurt, there are lots of recipes available for those who want a unique taste sensation during their diet plan. If you’re not a morning person but still want to take advantage of these healthful drinks, blend up your ingredients at night and store the drink in containers for tomorrow or later on.
- 1 part water.
If you want to make your smoothie look and taste like a milkshake, consider adding some ice cubes once all ingredients have been processed. If you follow these simple steps, you should be able to enjoy tasty raspberry smoothies every day without any regrets afterward.
- T.H.C oil.
People who are tired of drinking the same old milkshakes every morning might want to try something new this winter! The addition of T.H.C oil will not only give your smoothie an interesting twist but it will also help keep hunger at bay during those long January mornings! Mixing up ingredients is one of the best ways to keep your diet as interesting as possible!
- 1tsp cinnamon powder.
People who want to explore their culinary skills will love this recipe because it can be modified so easily. Cinnamon is a great addition to raspberry smoothies and other berry drinks, but the real secret ingredient here is T.H.C oil! Sleeping in on those cold January mornings just got a lot more interesting for those who love eating and drinking good food all day long!
Who needs yogurt? You do not. Try these simple techniques until you reach the perfect consistency in flavor and thickness. Don’t be afraid of trying new things. You can also thin your yogurt-free concoctions with non-dairy beverages if you need them. Enjoy your yogurt less concoctions.
Funny and Friendly. Got a lot of time to cook and do experiment in cooking. Also Health-conscious try different types of juice for a healthy life.